10/20 Sponsors!

Talk about past, present or future lan parties. What did you like or dislike? What games did you enjoy, and what do you want to play next time? Do you know another LAN our gamers would be interested in? Share it all here!

10/20 Sponsors!

Postby MrJymm » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:56 pm

This thread will be my spot for posting sponsorship updates. Don't spam it up too much, people!

If you absolutely need to make a suggestion on a potential sponsor, put it over here.
MrJymm
MAGIC Admin
MAGIC Admin

Re: 10/20 Sponsors!

Postby MrJymm » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:07 pm

Lots of you have been showing interest in ARMA 2 and the DayZ mod lately. Interested in getting a copy of Combined Operations?

Bohemia Interactive has generously provided several game codes! Three codes each for ARMA 2: Combined Operations and the expansion Private Military Company.
MrJymm
MAGIC Admin
MAGIC Admin

Postby computer_man20037 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:30 am

Very nice Jymm can't wait to see what other sponsors will send us prizes and thank you to all of them for their support for a LAN sponsor :D
PSU: Seasonic x850w PSU Modular
CPU: Phenom II 1100T BE
Memory: 16 GB G. Skills Sniper
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
GPU: Sapphire 7970 3GB
Hard Drives: 128 GB SSD (OS Drive) + 2 TB (Steam Games, etc) + 1.5 TB (Backups, etc)
Soundcard: Asus Xonar DG

"Windows 8 is the new ME and Vista. Isn't that their M.O.? Decent OS, junk, decent OS, junk and so on."
computer_man20037
MAGIC Core Member
MAGIC Core Member

Postby MrJymm » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Today I received a package from Velocity Micro!

We received a Velocity Micro fleece vest, travel mug, and bottle openers, as well as an Intel canvas bag and fan grill.

velmic.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MrJymm
MAGIC Admin
MAGIC Admin

Postby MrJymm » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Our first confirmed returning sponsor is CPU Magazine! They will be sending us copies of their latest issue in time for the October LAN. But you can visit their website now and sign up for a FREE subscription!
MrJymm
MAGIC Admin
MAGIC Admin

Postby MrJymm » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:56 am

Today we got a package from Quixby.com!

Quixby helps PC enthusiasts build systems by offering compatibility searches that show the best prices on hardware. Check out their website for creating a build spec, it's very cool!

quixby.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MrJymm
MAGIC Admin
MAGIC Admin

Postby MrJymm » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Our latest sponsor is Strange Loop Games! They have just provided us with several codes for VESSEL!

"Living liquid machines have overrun this world of unstoppable progress, and it is the role of their inventor, Arkwright, to stop the chaos they are causing. Vessel is a game about a man with the power to bring ordinary matter to life, and all the consequences that ensue."

There is a demo available on Steam if you haven't already checked it out. It's also on sale through 9/17 for only $10! You can buy it on Steam or get it direct from Strange Loop's site, which includes the Steam activation and a DRM free edition!
MrJymm
MAGIC Admin
MAGIC Admin

Postby The_Ghost » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:59 pm

the vessel looks interesting. :) yay

thanks
Srsly I did cream tho! -BobSmooth

ghost is google meister... -2ply

[img]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m210/atomiclee/userbar56005.gif[/img]

[url]http://bakane.on.toribash.com[/url]
The_Ghost
MAGIC Core Member
MAGIC Core Member

Postby MrJymm » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Got two boxes today from Silverstone!

First box had a variety of goodies:

silverstone.jpg

And the second box is a Redline RL01!
MrJymm
MAGIC Admin
MAGIC Admin

Postby trotsky » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:13 am

MrJymm is being awesome
trotsky
MAGIC Core Member
MAGIC Core Member

Postby MrJymm » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:28 am

The latest addition to our sponsor list is QUBE from Toxic Games!

"Set in a mysterious and abstract sterile environment, Q.U.B.E. is a first-person puzzle game that challenges players to navigate each level by manipulating coloured cubes that surround them. Through experimentation and discovery, players will progress through an ever-evolving series of cube puzzles that will challenge them with logic, physics, platforming."

QUBE has provided several codes for prizes, but there is a demo available on Steam that you can try out right now!
MrJymm
MAGIC Admin
MAGIC Admin

Postby Inferno » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:08 pm

As unintentional as it was, I have a sponsor to add to the list. I contacted Trendy Entertainment (Makers of Dungeon Defenders) to see what kind of support I could manage for a Dungeon Defenders Tower Survival/No Tower Survival/PvP tournament.

Their response was 4 codes for the full Dungeon Defenders game to activate on Steam :D

My plan is to make a post and see who is interested in this tournament and see what kind of support we can manage for each game type. Josh at Trendy would also like pictures and descriptions of the event to do a possible write up after! :)

MrJymm, I do apologize if I stepped on your toes in any way, I had no intended to do so but I hope it leads to some support for Trendy!!!
Inferno
MAGIC n00b
MAGIC n00b

Postby geneon » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:43 pm

ha to me that sounds epic :D
ask for something little and they go out of their way and do something big :)
geneon
MAGIC Member
MAGIC Member

Postby MrJymm » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:49 pm

As a general rule, please do not request sponsorship or prize material without discussing it with the admins first. I make a LOT of sponsor requests (including Trendy) and getting multiple or conflicting requests does not help our cause.

If you have a good idea for sponsorship that you think I may have overlooked, I linked an alternate thread in my original post to use for that purpose.
MrJymm
MAGIC Admin
MAGIC Admin

Postby MrJymm » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Another fine sponsor to add to our list! Hi-Rez Studios has provided several content codes for Tribes: Ascend! Want some gold to add to your unlocks and boost your character? We can hook you up!

As a Free-to-Play title, everyone should definitely take the time to check out this game. If it's been a while since you last played, check it out again! There have been a ton of recent updates to equipment, maps, game types, and more!
MrJymm
MAGIC Admin
MAGIC Admin

Next

Return to Magic LAN