April First, 2017

Talk about past, present or future lan parties. What did you like or dislike? What games did you enjoy, and what do you want to play next time? Do you know another LAN our gamers would be interested in? Share it all here!

Re: April First, 2017

Postby Hornswoggler » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:58 pm

Like!
User avatar
Hornswoggler
MAGIC Member
MAGIC Member
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Peoria, IL

Re: April First, 2017

Postby The_Ghost » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:39 pm

I only support it if theres a 2nd button called bobs like hole and it only notifies him of the like.
Srsly I did cream tho! -BobSmooth

ghost is google meister... -2ply

[img]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m210/atomiclee/userbar56005.gif[/img]

[url]http://bakane.on.toribash.com[/url]
User avatar
The_Ghost
MAGIC Core Member
MAGIC Core Member
 
Posts: 8747
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:00 am
Location: My MANcave

Re: April First, 2017

Postby FroHawK » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:08 am

So,

I have my server box set up with a couple of games so far. These are mainy for strictly LAN based games.

The Ship (OG Not a lot of people have the remastered one)
CSGO
Insurgency(I don't play it too much, but I have a barebones server up)


Any other suggestions?
Last edited by FroHawK on Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
FroHawK
MAGIC Core Member
MAGIC Core Member
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Monticello IL

Re: April First, 2017

Postby tallpaul02 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:37 am

Just in time for the LAN Newegg has Overwatch Origins Edition in sale for $38 with coupon code EMCRDDR64

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... 6832127029
AMD Ryzen7 1800X w/Silverstone NT06-Pro v2 || ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac || 16GB Corsair LPX DDR4-3200 (16-18-18-36) || EVGA GTX 1080 SC || Corsair SF450 || Samsung 950 Pro 512GB || Ncase M1 v5 (no ODD)

The_Ghost wrote:hes over compensating that hes short, his names paul and he has 2 wifes.
User avatar
tallpaul02
MAGIC Core Member
MAGIC Core Member
 
Posts: 3470
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: April First, 2017

Postby Kyle309 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:45 am

Anyone bringing a laptop? Lol
I7 2600k/16gb Mushkin Blackline/ Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX1070/ 2x Samsung 850 Evo 500gb ssd in raid 0/ Corsair H100I GTX/ Creative X-FI Fatal1ty titanium/ NZXT s340/ EVGA Supersonic 850G/ NZXT Grid 2/ Bitfenix 240mm Spectre Pro/ Bitfenix 120mm Spectre Pro
User avatar
Kyle309
MAGIC n00b
MAGIC n00b
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:31 am
Location: Ep

Re: April First, 2017

Postby Badinfluence » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:46 pm

What browser to pick seats, or is it brokkeeddded?

I am bringing my G75VW-DH73-3D as a backup, but it is more or less a laptop without a optical drive, subwoofer, and oc'ed to shit to save money, so it will prob stay in it's pouch unless my desktop decides to accidentally the watercooling.
Image
User avatar
Badinfluence
MAGIC Member
MAGIC Member
 
Posts: 2208
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:37 am
Location: Pekin, IL (again)
LANs Attended: 8

Re: April First, 2017

Postby Badinfluence » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:50 pm

BobSmooth wrote:How does a random partner Keep Talking and No One Explodes tournament sound? I haven't worked out all the details but it's one I know I want to hold.


Been waiting for someone to want to play this for awhile. I am in, just waiting for confirmation to buy it just in case. or arggggggg
Image
User avatar
Badinfluence
MAGIC Member
MAGIC Member
 
Posts: 2208
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:37 am
Location: Pekin, IL (again)
LANs Attended: 8

Re: April First, 2017

Postby Kyle309 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:36 pm

Badinfluence wrote:What browser to pick seats, or is it brokkeeddded?

I am bringing my G75VW-DH73-3D as a backup, but it is more or less a laptop without a optical drive, subwoofer, and oc'ed to shit to save money, so it will prob stay in it's pouch unless my desktop decides to accidentally the watercooling.


I'm debating if I want to tear my whole rig down and bring it or just bring my Asus Rog laptop and a mechanical keyboard. It would be so much easier lol.
I7 2600k/16gb Mushkin Blackline/ Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX1070/ 2x Samsung 850 Evo 500gb ssd in raid 0/ Corsair H100I GTX/ Creative X-FI Fatal1ty titanium/ NZXT s340/ EVGA Supersonic 850G/ NZXT Grid 2/ Bitfenix 240mm Spectre Pro/ Bitfenix 120mm Spectre Pro
User avatar
Kyle309
MAGIC n00b
MAGIC n00b
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:31 am
Location: Ep

Re: April First, 2017

Postby MrJymm » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:40 pm

Badinfluence wrote:What browser to pick seats, or is it brokkeeddded?


We don't have a definite table layout finalized for this new building yet. I'll create a map for future events once we get that all settled. Until the "Get seat" and "Seating Chart" links aren't functional.
User avatar
MrJymm
MAGIC Admin
MAGIC Admin
 
Posts: 5048
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Washington, IL
LANs Attended: 0

Re: April First, 2017

Postby BobSmooth » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:07 pm

Badinfluence wrote:Been waiting for someone to want to play this for awhile. I am in, just waiting for confirmation to buy it just in case. or arggggggg


The tournament is going to happen. I think we've got enough copies throughout the group to make it happen fairly easily. Only one person per team needs it so we should be good. I'm still unsure as to exactly what the prizes will be but it should be fun none the less.

Hopefully we can put a couple of the final matches on the projector for good measure.
User avatar
BobSmooth
MAGIC Admin
MAGIC Admin
 
Posts: 3489
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Morton IL.
LANs Attended: 1

Re: April First, 2017

Postby Badinfluence » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:16 pm

Kyle309 wrote:
I'm debating if I want to tear my whole rig down and bring it or just bring my Asus Rog laptop and a mechanical keyboard. It would be so much easier lol.

What laptop are you running? I made my 670 act more like a 760ish with a modded bios. The major letdown on my model was the waste of space called a subwoofer, worthless speakers, worthless wireless card lacking 5ghz, and keyboard response. My VGN vaio schooled it, so I would say bring the KB regardless. Maybe we can look into options for cranking it up.

I got a 3 fps boost by taking one of those laptop stands, putting 2 90 degree fans in it, and drilling some holes for heat suction in the stand, not the laptop. And removing the fucking windows key. *spits*

I would say walk in with your laptop and keep your rig in your backseat if you can. Keep it handy, but let escalation do the trick. If we play older games, no need to waste 30% of your energy on setup and teardown.



No pressure Jymm, just didn't have IE to try on my machine since I killed it off awhile back. Didn't want to be the kid in the corner playing minesweeper....
Image
User avatar
Badinfluence
MAGIC Member
MAGIC Member
 
Posts: 2208
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:37 am
Location: Pekin, IL (again)
LANs Attended: 8

Re: April First, 2017

Postby Kyle309 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:08 pm

Badinfluence wrote:What laptop are you running? I made my 670 act more like a 760ish with a modded bios. The major letdown on my model was the waste of space called a subwoofer, worthless speakers, worthless wireless card lacking 5ghz, and keyboard response. My VGN vaio schooled it, so I would say bring the KB regardless. Maybe we can look into options for cranking it up.

I got a 3 fps boost by taking one of those laptop stands, putting 2 90 degree fans in it, and drilling some holes for heat suction in the stand, not the laptop. And removing the fucking windows key. *spits*

I would say walk in with your laptop and keep your rig in your backseat if you can. Keep it handy, but let escalation do the trick. If we play older games, no need to waste 30% of your energy on setup and teardown.



No pressure Jymm, just didn't have IE to try on my machine since I killed it off awhile back. Didn't want to be the kid in the corner playing minesweeper....


It's an Asus ROG G751JBSI7T28. It has an I7 4720HQ, 965m, and 8gb of ram. It plays most games pretty decent. I have a "lan box" but it has a tiny ssd because it's my media pc and i pull everything from my server. I might just end up bringing my main rig, idk yet lol.
I7 2600k/16gb Mushkin Blackline/ Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX1070/ 2x Samsung 850 Evo 500gb ssd in raid 0/ Corsair H100I GTX/ Creative X-FI Fatal1ty titanium/ NZXT s340/ EVGA Supersonic 850G/ NZXT Grid 2/ Bitfenix 240mm Spectre Pro/ Bitfenix 120mm Spectre Pro
User avatar
Kyle309
MAGIC n00b
MAGIC n00b
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:31 am
Location: Ep

Re: April First, 2017

Postby Maverik » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:00 pm

I think ill make it, got my ssd raid rebuilt and all is well again. Just have to dl some games.

Titanfall 2
Insurgency

what else?
L4D?
Image
User avatar
Maverik
MAGIC Core Member
MAGIC Core Member
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:00 am
Location: not where you are

Re: April First, 2017

Postby tallpaul02 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:02 am

Kyle309 wrote:It's an Asus ROG G751JBSI7T28. It has an I7 4720HQ, 965m, and 8gb of ram. It plays most games pretty decent. I have a "lan box" but it has a tiny ssd because it's my media pc and i pull everything from my server. I might just end up bringing my main rig, idk yet lol.
I have an MSI laptop with that exact same cpu/gpu combo and it's remarkably capable. You'll be more than OK for anything they're playing with that.
AMD Ryzen7 1800X w/Silverstone NT06-Pro v2 || ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac || 16GB Corsair LPX DDR4-3200 (16-18-18-36) || EVGA GTX 1080 SC || Corsair SF450 || Samsung 950 Pro 512GB || Ncase M1 v5 (no ODD)

The_Ghost wrote:hes over compensating that hes short, his names paul and he has 2 wifes.
User avatar
tallpaul02
MAGIC Core Member
MAGIC Core Member
 
Posts: 3470
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: April First, 2017

Postby Kyle309 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:34 am

tallpaul02 wrote:I have an MSI laptop with that exact same cpu/gpu combo and it's remarkably capable. You'll be more than OK for anything they're playing with that.


Yeah, it gets a little iffy with higher end games like The Division but it still plays them. I may just end up bringing my pc and laptop lol.

Anyone on here play Black Ops 2 or Cod 4 still? Also have Bf3, Bf4, and Bf1.
I7 2600k/16gb Mushkin Blackline/ Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX1070/ 2x Samsung 850 Evo 500gb ssd in raid 0/ Corsair H100I GTX/ Creative X-FI Fatal1ty titanium/ NZXT s340/ EVGA Supersonic 850G/ NZXT Grid 2/ Bitfenix 240mm Spectre Pro/ Bitfenix 120mm Spectre Pro
User avatar
Kyle309
MAGIC n00b
MAGIC n00b
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:31 am
Location: Ep

PreviousNext

Return to Magic LAN

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Never Miss A LAN!

Your LAN Status

Invalid Event ID: 0!