BE14 - Silverstone TJ07 Boreas System

Moderator: Badinfluence

BE14 - Silverstone TJ07 Boreas System

Postby Badinfluence » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:14 pm

Better late than never I guess...

I jumped on eBay and founds a Boreas Silverstone Case combo. I plan on transfering my computer to it, and bringing back some overclocking.

Once I get the system stable and overclocked I plan on upgraded the TEC units to 168watt units and trying to set some records.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/ha ... eview.html

Pretty sick setup from the factory not cheap, but I finally got one.

When it shows up I will snap some pictures and give you guys the low down.
Badinfluence
MAGIC Member
MAGIC Member

LANs Attended: 8

Re: BE14 - Silverstone TJ07 Boreas System

Postby tallpaul02 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:24 pm

Can't seem to get the link to come up. Curious though.
Intel i7-3770 || Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI || 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3L-1600 (8-8-8-24) LoPro || EVGA GTX 680 || Corsair SF450 || Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD || Ncase M1 v5 (no ODD)

The_Ghost wrote:hes over compensating that hes short, his names paul and he has 2 wifes.
tallpaul02
MAGIC Core Member
MAGIC Core Member

Postby Badinfluence » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:20 pm

Hmm maybe it was down for maintaince? It seems to be working now. Basically it is a Silverstone TJ-07 Case with a Build In Cool-It Boreas Cooler. It has 12 TEC Units and a digital tempature controller and can cool a stock CPU down to like 7C from the factory.

With the TECs I plan on adding I am predicting somewhere around 2. That is how low I was able to get my Freezone when I modified it, but past that I dont think can be done without phase changing based on the coolant I used. I dont want to use Ethelyn Gylcol because it is a little corrosive, and most of the coolants build for watercooling aren't very good below 10C. They start to break apart. I plan on using 50/50 Methanol or Ethanol / Distilled water

Basically Cool-it made the best coolers on the market that were nonphase change. The problem was the price and their pumps. They decided against going with TEC units and then switched to natural water to air cooling. Then a little company called Corsair bought their Water to Air line and made a little thing called the H50. Not many people know that Corsair bascially bought them.

Anyway it is damn near impossible to find a Boreas anymore, let alone this case. I plan oin working some powder coated and electrical magic on it and give my 1366 build one last hurrah before I go to the next biggest thing. Games lately just don't justify a socket switch. My 760 runs like a champ with my Shield and all the games I play.

I actually started making a Boreas knock off with a block of alumium and my dad's machine shop in the garage. Good old Cat reclamation surplus!
Badinfluence
MAGIC Member
MAGIC Member

Postby Badinfluence » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:01 pm

Got the case and started to disassemble it for polishing up. It is a legit Cool-It TJ07 not one someone made out of parts. It came in the original shipped box, and is only missing 1 or 2 accessories. The guy even left the stand offs with the screws on the motherboard tray. Now the question is, what to do with the internals?

I was thinking of powdercoating the case interals Black and chrome to make the acrylic windows have more light shine through, and cermaic coating the Pelier blocks so they woould insulate better and not condensate. I will be running a 800 watt total Water to Air exchanger when all said and done so it should cool the PC up to 450%+ of the maximum heat the CPU can pump out.

The outside is completely scratch free so all I am going to do is wax it for protection and clean up the tower parts with some meguiers products.
Badinfluence
MAGIC Member
MAGIC Member

Postby tallpaul02 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:04 pm

Put Honda/Mugen stickers all over it.

You know you want to. The irony sells itself.
Intel i7-3770 || Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI || 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3L-1600 (8-8-8-24) LoPro || EVGA GTX 680 || Corsair SF450 || Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD || Ncase M1 v5 (no ODD)

The_Ghost wrote:hes over compensating that hes short, his names paul and he has 2 wifes.
tallpaul02
MAGIC Core Member
MAGIC Core Member

Postby Badinfluence » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:25 pm

Been running this setup for about 2 years, now that we have a lan in the crosshairs, it is a reason to clean things up and take a few pictures. Might take me just a bit, so getting over a pretty serious mono/secondary infection, but I have a reason right now.

Still rocking the 1366 i7 920, Rampage III Extreme, 24gb of DDR3 Ram, 760GTX, 1kW PSU, Silverstone Case with Boreas, Watercooled CPU, MB NB/SB, and with simple control over the electric heat exchangers and fans. It amazes me that a 920 and X58 can keep up today, but that is the whole game right? In the real world you have to have a reason to spend a cool grand on an upgrade; #adultlife

Kind of over showing off my rig for the sake of ePenis, but totally into turning that old kind of pissing contest into a DIY or guide. I find the gaming market to be lacking, but healing now so I drove into Electrical Engineering to keep me from giving up on PC gaming all together. Now with VR, the fucking clouds everywhere, IOT, and Tactile operations I could justify looking into ways to escape reality, get immersed, and improve quality of the gaming experience.

What true gamer doesn't need a break from reality to make some cool shit happen in cyberspace or on the pixels thrashing their eyeballs.
Badinfluence
MAGIC Member
MAGIC Member

Return to Badelements Mods